||Physical Therapy: An Exercise In Achieving Results
Growing Program Offers Focused Services
"Patients have access to the best of both worlds at our practice. We have renowned neurosurgical, physical medicine, and orthopaedic physicians, and we offer an outstanding physical therapy program with therapists at almost every office location," said Graham Claytor, MPT, SCS, manager of the physical therapy department at Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates. "Our mission in the physical therapy department is to improve patient recovery and rehabilitation."
The practice introduced physical therapy services in 2005 and now offers 13 physical therapists at four regional offices, including Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructors at the Charlotte, Concord, and Huntersville offices, and STOTT Pilates Trained Instructors at the Ballantyne and Charlotte locations. Through one-on-one sessions with our physical therapists, patients receive the maximum benefit from their treatment. We also emphasize patient education and injury prevention. For added convenience, patients may schedule physician and physical therapy appointments at or near the same time and in the same office.
Physical Therapy Services Offered By
Carolina Neurosurgery And Spine Associates
- State-of-the-art functional exercise equipment and modality treatments
- Individualized in-clinic and at-home exercise programs
- Skilled manual therapy
- Spinal decompressive traction (both cervical and lumbar)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Evaluation of individual motion impairments
- Training specific to sports- or hobby-related needs
- Rehabilitation of golf-related spine injuries
- Evaluations for returning to sports after surgery
- Treatment of peripheral nerve pathology (ulnar nerve entrapment and carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Patient education
- Orthotics (fitting of devices that support or correct musculoskeletal disorders)
- Future injury prevention
- Pilates, yoga, and senior exercise classes
- Therapeutic pilates on the V2-MAX PLUSTM Reformer*
*Not available at all locations
Recovering A Swing, Getting Back On The Green
The Golf Fitness Program at Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates helps golfers maximize performance and minimize injury. Utilizing physiatry and physical therapy expertise, our medical and physical therapy team develops customized plans to help patients recover from injury or surgery and safely return to the golf course.
Areas of care include:
- Spine and peripheral joint injuries
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Specific rehab programs based on physical impairments
- Instruction in pre-round warm-up and injury prevention
- Tee box exercises
- In-season/off-season conditioning programs
- Assessment of common swing faults and golf biomechanics
"Because of my intense back pain, I thought I would never be able to play golf again. After going to Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates, I'm playing again, and playing as well as I was before my injury."
- Patient, Bob Pollock.
Pilates focuses on core conditioning, body awareness, flexibility, and breathing while promoting a neutral spine position. Its goal is to increase spine stability and peripheral mobility, lengthen muscles, and improve posture.
|V2-MAX PLUSTM Reformer allows our patients to perform numerous PT exercises that would normally require multiple pieces of equipment.
Physical Therapy: The Next Step Toward Recovery
Our physical therapy department integrates seamlessly with the wide scope of treatments offered by Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates. These on-site services help us deliver more efficient, effective care for our patients.
For more details about our physical therapy department, call 800-344-6716.